Welcome, Here I will Keep a running list of THINGS THE CAPTAIN LIKES . These things must meet a couple of struck criteria to be approved for a Captains’ Seal of Approval:
- Has potential to Help make positive change in our world
- Is approved of by the Captain
Thats it! Huzzah! The idea here is to provide references to items or ideas that can help you Become a Happier Healthier Human Because we all Know that a Happy Healthy Earth starts with a Happy Health You.
- Stream 2 Sea skin and body care products. Ocean friendly nontoxic formulas packaged in BIO eco-concious sugarcane resin packaging. Safe for you and safe for the waters you Love!! Use the Captains personal coupon code enthusiastic1 for an extra 10% and to help support The Captain Enthusiastic. The Captain
- Woolzies– Dryer Balls, and all your laundry needs. I love these wooly balls! We have Been using these instead of fabric softeners for years now. Fabric softeners are really not good for you or the environment, and what they really do not want you to know is that these wooly balls and a drop of essential oil work better, and will cost you less in the long run because they are reusable over and over and over again!
- Radius Silk Dental Floss– From the manufacture website. ” Floss with a Cause. Our pure silk thread is spun on small machines at the CORSEDA Fair Trade Co-op in Colombia, which supports more than 80 families. Soft & Smooth. The silk is spun in candelilla plant wax (derived from candelilla shrubs in the Southwestern US desert), ensuring a smooth glide between teeth for total tooth and gum protection. Good for the Earth, not only is our floss 100% vegetarian, it’s also 100% biodegradable — perfect for camping and composting. No Nasty Ingredients. You won’t find glutens, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, GMOs, unnatural coloring, phthalates, parabens, or any other harmful additives in our floss. Ever.” The Captain has been using this stuff for a few months now, and could not be more pleased.
- Bio Bags– These bags come in all different sizes and shapes, covering all of your regular plastic bag needs, but they are made of 100% plant based and Biodegradable resins. I have used them for all kinds of different things including waste disposal and food storage at home and on backpacking trips. They work excellently. They’re only down fall is that because they are Biodegradable they are not water proof.
- Fjallraven clothing and adventure gear– I like to think of Fjallraven as the Swedish Patagonia, although its more accurate to describe Patagonia as the American Fjallraven since Fjallraven was founded in 1960 and Patagonia didn’t get started until 1973. With an Emphasis on durability and practicality and manufactured to stringent environmental and quality standards, you can’t go wrong with any of Fjallravens products. I have a pair of pants, a sweater and a long sleeve wool shirt, as well as their Kajka backpack. All of these I items have astounded me with their quality and comfort. Don’t be scared off by the price tag, with Fjallraven you really do get what you pay for.